TalenTeam acknowledges the European Union’s standard for personal data protection. This Policy addresses the privacy concerns of European customers and the business concerns of TalenTeam.
TalenTeam will adhere to the United States Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Principles and will self-certify to the United States Department of Commerce compliance with the Safe Harbor Principles. This Policy applies to all data transmissions from TalenTeam operations in EU countries to the United States. This includes transmission of data over phone lines, computer lines, and in hard copy, and includes such material as payroll records, telephone records, performance evaluations, and any material that identifies a particular individual employee.
In accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, TalenTeam adheres to the principles of the Safe Harbor Framework as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission. The seven principles and fifteen Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) referred to in this policy constitute the Safe Harbor privacy framework. These principles and FAQs may be found at: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Personal information may be disclosed to judicial or other government agencies subject to warrants, subpoenas, or other governmental orders.
Pursuant to EU guidelines on privacy, TalenTeam does not intentionally collect information from individuals who are 13 years of age or under and if notified will destroy that information immediately.
In the event of a bankruptcy or merger, all personal information will be handled according to the following Guidelines.
TalenTeam has adopted the seven Safe Harbor principles of notice, choice, onward transfer (transfer to third parties), access, security, data integrity and enforcement with respect to personal data to be transferred to the U.S. from TalenTeam operations in the EU.
- Notice – TalenTeam will notify persons in the EU about the purposes for which personal data will be collected and used. Information will be provided on how individuals can contact TalenTeam with inquiries or complaints regarding personal data. TalenTeam will give notice to people regarding third parties to which it discloses their information, and restrictions that limit the information’s use and disclosure.
- Choice – Prior to releasing personal data to a third party, TalenTeam will give an individual employee the opportunity to choose whether their personal data is disclosed to that third party or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by that individual. For sensitive data, an affirmative choice will be given to the individual if the personal data is to be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose other than its original purpose or the purposes authorized subsequently by the individual.
- Transfers to third parties – Prior to disclosing personal data to a third-party, TalenTeam will apply the notice and choice principles, enumerated above. TalenTeam will commit to ensuring that the third party keeper of personal data also subscribes to the Safe Harbor Principles or any other EU adequacy finding. TalenTeam will also enter into a written agreement with such third party requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of personal data protection as is maintained by TalenTeam.
- Access – Persons covered under this policy will have access to personnel information about them that TalenTeam holds and will be able to correct, amend or delete information if it is inaccurate (the exception is when the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks of the individual privacy in the case in question or the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated).
- Retention – TalenTeam will retain personal information for a period that suits the business purpose of maintaining that information. If such personal information is for the purposes of our consulting work with a customer, that information will be destroyed immediately after any business need for that information ceases to exist. In no case will personal information be kept for more than 3 years.
- Security – TalenTeam will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Data Integrity – Personal data kept by TalenTeam will be relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. TalenTeam will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is reliable and that it is applied to its intended use. TalenTeam will also ensure that the information is accurate, complete and correct.
- Enforcement – To ensure compliance with these Safe Harbor Principles, TalenTeam will: 1) Commit to cooperate with the Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) of the EU countries in the investigation and resolution of complaints and will comply with any advice given by DPAs; 2) Employ a procedure for verifying that the commitment the company has made to adhere to the Safe Harbor Principles has been implemented; and 3) Remedy issues arising out of any failure to comply with the Principles.
TalenTeam acknowledges that its failure to provide an annual self-certification to the Department of Commerce will remove it from its list of participants and the transfers of information will not be allowed unless TalenTeam otherwise complies with the EU Data Protection Directive.
TalenTeam executive management will be the internal mechanism for ensuring compliance with the Safe Harbor Principles and facilitating the independent recourse mechanism referenced in the Enforcement provision of this Policy.
All disputes arising out of or in connection of the handling of personal information by TalenTeam will be handled swiftly by TalenTeam executive management and, if necessary, the parties agree to accept and abide by the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce.
European Union – The European Union (“EU”) consists of 27 member countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Personal Data – (for the purposes of this policy) – Any personal information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by a reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Sensitive Data – Sensitive data is data that pertains to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, income records, health, sexual orientation or alleged commission of any offense. This data may not be transferred unless an individual gives explicit consent.
Questions regarding the transmission of personal data from the European Union (EU) to the United States or any other non-EU location, or any further transmission of the personal data once received in the United States, should be referred to the CEO.
What Personal Information About Website Visitors Does TalenTeam Gather?
The information we learn from our Website Visitors helps us personalize and systematically improve your experience at TalenTeam.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our site’s features. We use the information that you provide to us for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving future visits for you, adding new features to our site, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store various types of information whenever you visit us. For example, like many Web sites, we may use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses TalenTeam.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at TalenTeam.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
E-mail Communications: From time to time, we will send you notices about events, our sponsor’s promotions, or other technology or human resources news. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and for keeping track of your page visits.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of TalenTeam.com’s site features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does TalenTeam.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our Website Visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries that TalenTeam, LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software when appropriate or deemed necessary. SSL encrypts information you input for the purposes of our online services. If you are using a personalized feature of our website, it is important to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Any financial information collected will be transmitted in an encrypted fashion and kept as securely as current technology allows. TalenTeam will take every measure available to the company to safeguard your personal financial information.
Which Information Can I Access?
TalenTeam.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information if you have signed up for a personalized service on our website.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to register for an event. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your User Preferences.