Why Curated content should be the bedrock of your L&D Strategy
Traditionally organisational learning has focused on creating content based on centrally identified skills and competencies. This has usually been in the form of a classroom or eLearning course.
However, modern learners have different requirements and expectations. Research shows that learners prefer informal, on-demand learning experiences such as professional communities and web-based resources over formal, fixed and course-based ones.
What does that mean for Learning Professionals?
It means we need to find ways to bring more recent and relevant content into the workflow, be it articles, videos or other forms. This is where curated content can make all the difference.
Curated content is a method to find, filter and share the most relevant content on specific topics and offer it to learners as an online tool or through a portal or platform.
Benefits of Curated Content
- Aggregate the best content on Web: With Content curation, you can gather and organize all relevant content including websites/MOOCs/RSS/Tweets/Videos and help your learners access them all in one place.
- Allow leaners to choose the topics: You can also allow your learners to choose the topics, apart from defining some global topics. This way they also have control on the kind of curated content they see.
- Fresh content daily – Users get a fresh update of the content daily, so it stays fresh and dynamic, with less effort for you.
- Extensive resources – Content aggregator sites crawl millions of sites from across the web, not limited to RSS feeds or a few sources, so you see relevant articles on blogs or smaller sites, not just news sites.
- Collective Insights – Your learners can upvote articles, so you get the insights of the crowd. You can also sort by most recently published or most shared across the internet.
- Advanced Filters: – Specify and add domains to get the latest any topic. Some aggregator sites also allow you to add Twitter influencers and bring in what they are sharing on specific topics. Filter by keywords so you see just what you need.
- Motivate your learners: – With content curation, you can enable employees to get recognized and rewarded for their contribution, effective usage, and learning achievements.
- Cost effective: – There’s a huge amount of free, public domain content out there on the web. By curating it for and with your audiences, you can respond to their continuous learning needs at a fraction of the cost of developing or licensing courses.
What Are the Steps Involved in Content Curation?
1. Choose the Categories for which you want to find the content,
2. Filter it so that learners only get to see content that’s relevant to them
3. Integrate the content to be made available on your own platform
4. Encourage content sharing and consumption
5. Take feedback from learners to assess the relevance, usage, and the impact.
Our take on Curated Content
Bring Curated Content to your learners in SAP JAM with Anders Pink
As a partner of SAP SuccessFactors and having worked on the SAP JAM module for more than 10 years, we have seen a great shift in the learning and development space. Curated content is one of those changes.
With this as a need for many learning organizations, we found a partner in AndersPink, an award-winning platform to bring this into SAP SuccessFactors products. You can find more about it here
What is Anders Pink?
Anders Pink dynamically aggregates content from millions of sources.
Get the content you want from the web, in one place.
Too much content, too little time? Let's fix that. Anders Pink dynamically aggregates content from millions of sources around the web for you. Get exactly what you want: You choose the topics, keywords, sites, RSS feeds and Twitter influencers. Create custom briefings on the topics you want to track, for example
- Content on Sales tips and best practices from your preferred 30 sites and sources
- Trending content on Big Data that also mentions HR, Talent or Recruitment
It updates every few hours: you don’t miss what matters. Less time searching, more time learning.
- Easier, automated and plugged into your SAP JAM
- Get the content you want, updated every few hours
- Bring fresh content into your SAP JAM experience to support your learners
- Remove the need to constantly monitor SAP JAM - Your content updates every few hours, so you learners don’t miss what matters to thems
- Make your SAP JAM groups come alive with topic based, relevant and carefully curated content