Searching for the answers to your SAP issues? Discover the most frequently asked questions and solutions, that can help you understand everything about SuccessFactors.
SAP SuccessFactors: Frequently Asked Questions
SAP Successfactors is a suite of cloud-based products which supports the management of various HR tasks such as:
- Business Alignment
- People Performance Management
- Training & Learning Activities
The Human Experience Management (HXM) solution continues to support businesses of all sizes across many industries.
SAP SuccessFactors contains eight integrated modules:
Employee Central: A superior HR software designed to boost enterprise productivity and provides leaders with critical talent insights to enable more effective business decisions.
Recruiting: A full recruitment marketing and management solution which supports the engagement, sourcing and hiring processes for discovering top talent.
Onboarding: A fresh new approach to your talent management strategy, which covers all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Learning: A fully integrated learning management system (LMS) which is designed to get the most out of your employees while improving work efficiency.
Performance and Goals: A powerful goal management tool that can equip you the required information to retain, reward and develop your employees.
Succession and Development: Empower employees to reach their full potential, advance their careers, and accelerate their learning with targeted development plans.
Compensation: A integrated tool which supports the motivation, skills, performance, retention, and compensation of your workforce.
Workforce Analytics: Drive fact-based business decisions with powerful employee insights. SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics provides concrete and actionable data, to help companies find answers to key questions about workforce challenges and provides guidance to help solve them.
The SAP Business Technology Platform enables you to integrate applications and extensions that focus on your business requirements. The platform also gives companies the ability to develop and deploy custom applications to the SAP SuccessFactors solution.
SAP SuccessFactors works as a Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model. The licenced software is designed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted on a remote cloud. This gives employees to access the application data on-demand, from any location by using their login credentials.
SAP SuccessFactors How-To Guide
The URL for the login page varies by customer and region. You should be able to find the login credentials in an email notification from your administrator. If you are unable to find it, please contact the administrator of your organisation.
SuccessFactors can be accessed on mobile devices from the SF Mobile App. These mobile applications are completely free, as they are included as part of your SuccessFactors subscription. In order to access the SF Mobile App, you will need to contact your administrator to request an activation code.
Once you have the activation code you will need to do the following:
- Login to your SuccessFactors account
- Select Options, and then Mobile
- Enter the Activation Code
Once the activation code has been entered you should receive a success message, which confirms if your mobile device has been activated successfully.
To add custom fields, field types & picklist values, you will need to do the following:
- Log into SuccessFactors, and enter the Admin Center
- Select ‘Define Employee Fields’ under the Employee Files menu
- Scroll down to the required information field and select the drop-down arrow on the right-hand side of the table, and then select ‘Add Field’
- You will now be able to see that a new field has been added. This is called ‘Custom Field 1’. To rename the field, select the world icon next to the custom field.
- Newly added fields are set as a ‘Text’ field type by default. To change the field type, click on the drop-down arrow, and select ‘Change type’. Once you have chosen your preferred field type, select the ‘Change Type’ button on the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
- After successfully adding a new custom field, you will need to select the ‘Save’ button on the top right-hand side of the page.
In order to create a new user, you will need to first access the SAP Support Portal and enter your login information. Once you have entered the portal, you will need to do the following:
- Select the ‘Access my Launchpad’ icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to ‘SuccessFactors Administration’
- Select the ‘Support User Management’ tile
- Select ‘Request User’ (bottom right-hand side of the page)
- Input the user information requested on this page
To grant authorisation for the user, you will need to do the following:
- Select ‘Users’
- Select the ‘Authorization’ button (top left-hand corner of the page)
- Select the pencil icon on the right-hand side of the page in order to edit the authorization access to users.
If you would like to check authorisation access for existing users, select the ‘Existing Authorizations’ button on the top row of the page.
Once the authorization has been given to the user, the User ID is displayed next to the employee’s name.
Provisioning access enables the consultant or partner to:
- Change scheduled jobs
- Enable and disable various features
- Change SSO settings
- Change other settings available on provisioning
Users that have provisioning access do not have the ability to make changes on the front-end, which includes:
- Proxy rights
- User data (unless they are scheduling jobs to import data)
If you wish to learn how to request, revoke or unlock provisioning access, please login to the HXM Cloud Operations Portal:
SuccessFactors ModulesNeed to know something more in the specific modules in SuccessFactors? Select a module below to find out more:
Would you like to know more about how SuccessFactors can help support your organisation?
To find out more information, please contact us or book a demo.